Thank you for your interest in joining us at the World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022.
1. Hospitality & Protocol Manager (Freelance)
Hours: Full time
Fee: The fee for the delivery of this freelance role is up to £20,000
Deadline: 5pm Thursday 30 Sept 2021
Working closely with the Ticketing Manager and venue in particular, both prior to, during and throughout the Championships, the individual will plan and produce a comprehensive programme and a world-class experience that an event of this kind demands. During the Championships, this person will be at the forefront of implementation and delivery.
Your functional area should take into consideration the event’s strategic objectives, working to showcase the sport of gymnastics and the global city of Liverpool as a welcoming and inclusive host and destination. The programme and services will be world-leading, innovative and ethically responsible
It is anticipated that the support will begin in October 2021 and continue for approximately 13 months to mid-November 2022. The support shall naturally build towards the event, with some initial planning work required, and will be remain flexible around the ebb-and-flow of the traditional lifecycle of an event of this kind.For more information on this role and to apply please click here.
2. Events Operations Manager (Freelance)
Hours: Full time
Fee: The fee for the delivery of this freelance role is up to £45,000
Deadline: 5pm Thursday 7 October 2021
The LOC for the World Gymnastics Championships 2022 is looking to recruit an experienced individual to lead on the operational planning and delivery of the event.
By developing collaborative working relationships across all functional areas, partners and suppliers you will have accountability for specific deliverables and projects for the venue and wider event campus, including; Venue Management; Accreditation; Access Control; Back of House and Front of House Operations; Health and Safety; Look and Wayfinding.
You’ll be supported by operational personnel within the LOC and from our partners including venue personnel from ACC and British Gymnastics. Additionally, you will oversee relations with appointed suppliers delivering in; Venue Infrastructure; Production; Transport, Health and Safety.
Your functional area should take into consideration the event’s strategic objectives, working to showcase the sport of gymnastics and the global city of Liverpool as a welcoming and inclusive host and destination. The programme and services will be world-leading, innovative and ethically responsible.
It is anticipated that this role will begin in October/November 2021 and continue through to the end of November 2022.
For more information on the event please visit www.2022worldgymnastics.com
WGC2022 are looking for submissions/applications from those who can clearly meet the following key selection criteria as a minimum:
1. A strong track record of managing event/venue operations at international, indoor and live televised sporting events, working as a valued member of the LOC and/or its stakeholders, understanding the role event operations play in the success of each functional area and the overall event experience.
2. Demonstrable experience of all phases of planning and implementation of venue operating plans to meet operational and budget requirements, via expert project management methodology.
3. Sound experience of procurement, contract negotiation and management which guarantees engaged contractors through all phases of the event’s lifecycle by effective leadership to keep them motivated and well-informed.
4. Experience of supporting and aligning with a series of event objectives and planning; including client experience, legacy, social and environmental impact.